DAILY SPRING, April 11th

DAILY SPRING

April 11th 2012



THE DOMINO EFFECT OF PRAISE (2)

“My mouth is filled with your praise…all day long” (Psalm 71 v 8)



   In 2007, after battling leukemia, pianist/song- writer, Roger Bennett died. At first he thought he was in remission, but the disease returned with a vengeance. He wrote on his website: ‘Our enemy stalks us exactly the way the Bible describes, as a roaring lion. He hides in the bushes waiting for any sign of weakness. Then he strikes. He didn’t strike me physically; he struck a more critical part, my joy, confidence, and hope. Every thought I turned towards heaven bounced back like it was made of brass. Every time I tried to look at the bright side, I ended up imagining a dark future’. Then he threw his most effective dart; doubt.’ You call yourself a Christian, what a hypocrite! You are more afraid than ever…more filled with despair. So much for your faith, Mr. Gospel singer! ’ I believed everything he said, I tried everything I knew to pull out of it…I thought if I dozed off, it will pass…but the clock seemed to move in slow motion. Sleep was nowhere near. I tried to loose myself in the Bible, but the words blurred and I couldn’t make sense of them’. Then Bennett had an epiphany, as he thought about Paul and Silas in prison ‘They didn’t despair’, he wrote ‘they sang praises and that became their weapon. One after another…old song came to me and I sang them to my empty room, it wasn’t a great performance, but it may be the most powerful blessing I received.

’ The psalmist wrote,” My mouth is filled with your praise…all day long”. (Psalm 71:8) try it

It’s a strategy that works!!!

No matter how tough that situation may seem…go ahead and drown the evil thoughts and the all-too obvious effects of that situation into the blood of Jesus Christ as you praise through, and God will exchange your sorrows and pains with His divine intervention! Amen.



PRAYERS

1) I drown every voice and thoughts of negativity at the time of my challenges into the blood of Christ in Jesus Christ name.

2) Dress me up oh Lord with the garment of praise that comes only from you in Jesus Christ name.

3) I command the power of failure, sorrow and confusion to lose your hold on me now in Jesus Christ name.

Begin to confess the new you that is praise powered!



      

No comments:

Post a Comment