DAILY SPRING


DAILY SPRINGApril 2nd 2012

TAKE UP YOUR CROSS

"let him...take up his cross daily.'(Luke 9 v 23)

Here are three questions that will help you to identify your cross:

1) WHAT DIRECTION IS THE LORD LEADING ME?

If you think your background doesn't matter,think again. It can be a roadmap to our future. Consider the experiences and the kind of lifestyle you've being exposed to. Growing up in Egypt prepared Moses to stand before Pharaoh. Davids years leading sheep,groomed him to lead a nation. Paul's distinction as a Hebrew scholar and Roman citizen qualified him uniquely to minister to both religious and non-religious people.

2) WHAT BURDENS HAS GOD LED IN MY HEART

Paul says: 'My heart's desire and prayer to God for Isreal is that they may be saved'(Romans 10 v 1). Paul was driven by a passion to see his people saved. What drives and inspires you? Building shelters for the homeless? Standing against abuse and neglect? Try visiting a nursing home,hospital and see if you don't leave uplifted.Or spend time with special kids,they will even teach you more than you teach them! Fulfilment comes from the desires of your heart,not just the ideas in your head.

3) WHAT AREAS WILL I UTILISE MY TALENTS?

The Bible says God 'has given each one of us a gift'(Ephesians 4 v 7) and although He 'works through different [people] in different ways...the same God...achieves His purpose through them all'(1 Corinthians 12 v 6-7). How can you tell the difference between a self-generated and a God-generated idea? Solomon said, 'Many are the plans in a man's heart,but...the Lords purpose that...prevails'(Proverbs 19 v 21). Man made ideas have a short shelf-life,divine dirction persists and has longevity!

PRAYERS

1) Power of painful challenges and occurances of my life that has being weighing me down,be broken and be destroyed completly in Jesus Christ name.

2)Let the realisation and importance of the cross of my life overpower me and take over me that I might be who God has made me in Jesus Christ name,amen.

3)Oh Lord God,let my work and walk in you live beyond me to your glory in Jesus Christ name,amen

No comments:

Post a Comment